Why does it seem like nobody wants to have more fun anymore these days? Have we become a nation of prudes? Come on, when was the last time you heard a great joke and found yourself laughing so hard you almost passed out from losing your breath? Laughter really is the best medicine and if you can find ways to tickle your funny bone much more often you’ll be much better off for it. Discover your ability to have as much fun as you want in your life.
Here are 10 ways you can almost instantly have more fun in your life without having to spend a fortune doing it:
- Learn how to cook a new recipe. With all the free information available at your fingertips off the Internet, this is something anybody and everybody can do. All it takes is learning one recipe at a time and before you know it, you may find yourself as talented as Emeril. Well, maybe that’s a stretch but your palate and stomach will thank you and your health will be better in the long run. Besides that, you will now have newfound abilities to entertain at your house and that, my friends, equals much more fun!
- Get out of the house. One of the biggest problems we face in the world today is the fact that we have so many gadgets and information at our disposal, causing us to stay inactive while indoors. Instead of being on Facebook till the wee morning hours why not try socializing with your friends in person, instead? Haven’t you heard the saying, “I need to get out more often.” This is so true for almost all of us!
- Plan activities with a friend or family member. You have one or two days off, coming up, and there’s no reason why you should be thinking you’re going to stay home and catch up on some paperwork or clean your bathrooms. With a little foresight, you can easily do those chores during the work week. Call someone close to you and ask them if they can go out with you to a neighborhood park for an afternoon stroll. What’s the worst that could happen? You can people watch and make fun of them in your own way (to yourself, of course) and even laugh at yourself while you’re at it! You may find a new way to have more fun than you can imagine.
- Get yourself a pet dog or cat. You can visit the animal shelter in town and get yourself a beautiful pet for free. In the process, you have extended your heart and will have accomplished more than most people do in a lifetime; you will have provided a loving home to a faithful pet. You’ll also reap the rewards of having a companion that does not judge or betray you! You can spend countless hours of fun, teasing and playing with a dog or cat.
- Break your normal routine. So, you’ve been going to the same supermarket or the same health food market for the last few years. Time to change it up. Visit a new store and bring a friend or family member with you to check it out. Even if you don’t like what you see, you can always go have a nice little ice cream cone together at the local Dairy Queen. Better yet, you can dust off your shoes and visit the local tavern in the late afternoon to watch the local musical talent playing acoustic guitar songs from the 70s. “Sweet Home Alabama” never sounded so good!
- Watch a comedy show on TV. Take a break from those horror movies and suspense thrillers and watch the latest and most talented comedian performing live. Better yet, why not visit the local comedy club either on open mike night or when a talented comedian is booked? This is an easy way to have more fun and you will probably laugh your rear end off!
- Throw a party for no reason at all. Do you really need to wait another nine months before it’s your birthday? Why not just throw party in recognizing the fact that you are having a wonderful time and a wonderful life? You can easily make it a BYOB night but remember to drink responsibly.
- Set small goals and have fun trying to reach them. Maybe you want to learn a new language or learn how to play the guitar. Why not take some area community college courses to help you get there. What’s the worst that can happen? You may not learn any new skills but you are very likely to meet many new people and make new friends.
- Start your own website. You can call it “Billy or Becky’s Fun House.com.” It doesn’t even cost you anything if you want to use Google’s free blogger system or any of the many web 2.0 sites out there. You can blog about your life on a daily basis and find out how therapeutic it can be to share something you are proud of with the world.
- Do the one thing you have always wanted to do. Start your own business, learn a new skill, go on that trip you have been dreaming about for years. If you can’t do it right away due to finances, start making plans about how you are going to save up the money and start doing it!
Here’s a bonus fun thing to do. Go out with your friends, sing Karaoke, and make a fool of yourself! That is, of course, unless you’re an American idol “ringer.”
How about you? What are some suggestions to help our readers have more fun. We would love to know what you have to say! Use the comment boxes provided.