Hourly jobs may seem easy to find but with the advent of online shopping and the ever-shrinking job market, you have to be prepared if you want to know how to get hired quickly.
So, maybe you’re a college student looking for a part-time job. Maybe you are a housewife looking to supplement your household income. Perhaps you are a senior trying to add to your bottom line in retirement or someone who’s simply trying to find a job fast.
Whatever the case may be, you have to prepare yourself with the right mindset and information in order to get an hourly job in your area.
How to Get Hired Quickly and Easily
The best way to approach getting hired for a full-time or part-time hourly job is to make a weekly plan. Here, you can list 2 to 3 jobs in your area that you want to apply to, every single week.
For example, maybe you want to work as a greeter at Walmart. At the same time, maybe you have your eyes set on a cashier position at Target . And perhaps another cashier position or sales associate job at your local Walgreens.
On a sheet of paper or in a text file on your computer, you can write down Walmart-greeter. Just below it, you can follow suit with placing target-cashier. And of course just below it, you can place Walgreens-cashier.
Next, you need to make a plan on how you’re going to approach each of these companies. The best way to start applying for these jobs is to visit the stores in person. Once there, you can introduce yourself to whomever is working at the store and you can inquire about speaking with anyone in management in order to ask questions.
You don’t really have to identify yourself as being a job applicant. That’s because it’s possible that the person will say you need to apply online or submit an application at the kiosk within the store.
It’s important at this point to make contact with someone who is in a supervisory position at the store.
Now, it’s easy to say, “Well, I tried to look for a manager but I wasn’t able to find one.” You need to absolutely make contact even if it means making 2 or 3 trips to the store.
The whole idea is to set yourself apart from the average applicant and you can’t do that by just submitting an application online. Believe me, with so many applicants trying to get the same job as you, it’s highly likely you will get lost in the shuffle.
Once you make contact with the supervisor, let that person know that you’re interested in the position in their store. Let the person also know that you will be applying either online or through a printable application.
As a matter of fact, ask the person what the preferred method is to apply at their particular store. You’d be surprised how many Walmarts would rather have someone apply in person using a printable application.
Additionally, let the supervisor know that you will be following up within the next couple of weeks on the status of your application.
Every time you perform any type of action at any store in regards to your attempts to get hired, write down the notes next to your entries on your sheet of paper or text file. For example, if you applied online at Walmart today, you would write or type:
Walmart-greeter (Applied online on (date)
After that, keep jotting down whatever action you took. If you met with a manager, write that down. The point is to be somewhat organized and keep track of all your applications.
Find a Job Fast With this Trick
If you feel a little daring, you can use the following tactic to create a sense of urgency for that person who is guiding you through the hiring process:
- Let the person know that their store is your first choice for employment
- Tell him or her that you will follow up
- Once you follow up in person, if they delay themselves getting back to you, tell them that you need to know if they are interested. Be honest and sincere; tell them they are your first choice but that you have to explore other possibilities if they are not interested.
That last tactic sometimes ends up being a home run. However, use caution with it because sometimes you may run into somebody who can’t understand that you need to find employment and they may be turned off by your attitude and sense of urgency.
When you are applying for an hourly job, dress in comfortable clothing. Make sure your shirt or blouse and pants or skirt or properly ironed and that you don’t have any holes in your shoes! It’s really as simple as that. Just look neat and you shouldn’t have a problem.
Repeat the above mentioned steps with every job you have your eyes set on, every week. Remember, 2 to 3 jobs at a time.
If you apply to three jobs a week for a month that’s obviously 12 job applications. Your chances of getting hired right away rise, dramatically!
You see, most people just fiddle around with one job at a time. They will apply at just one store and be on their hook for the next month. They’ll wait at home for the phone call that never arrives. You, on the other hand, are going to take a more aggressive and common sense approach. You will increase your odds of getting called back because you will apply, follow up, and apply again.
I’ve known quite a few people who submit job applications in this manner. These are the types of people who wait around for a whole year and say they can’t get a job because they’ve applied everywhere. That’s not true.
All they did was apply to six different stores through the course of one year. Now how in the world are you going to get hired quickly like that?
Be aggressive and really go after the position you want. Don’t let anything or anyone stand in the way of learning how to get hired quickly. The more you practice the above steps, the more you become proficient at getting hired.
The scenario happens all too often. You pass by a stranded motorist looking at the front end of a car with smoke billowing out as if the engine is on fire.
Usually, it signals that the car is overheated and if you aren’t careful, the same thing can happen to you and your car’s engine can be irreversibly damaged.
It’s easy to notice when the car’s engine is running a little too hot. You can see the temperature gauge on your dashboard and when the needle is not in its normal position and pointing much higher towards the “hot” direction, that’s when you know your vehicle is not running as it should be.
In many cases, it’s fairly easy to fix even though there are times when it’s fairly expensive to repair.It’s important to know the basics of how to keep your engine cool.
Luckily, here are examples of what could cause a car to overheat and what you can do about it:
1. Your engine coolant is low. This is the most common cause of an overheated engine and the level should be checked regularly, especially in the summer. It’s amazing how many people never pop open the hood of their vehicles to check something so easy to check and something that can prevent expensive damage. If you don’t have enough coolant in your vehicle’s system, you should know that your engine relies on this liquid to cool down the engine constantly. If you have some sort of coolant leak, your vehicle will probably need to be towed to a mechanic right away if you want to avoid permanent damage to your engine.
2. Your electric fan is malfunctioning. This is a very common cause of overheating and if by any chance you are one of those few people who check under their hood, you may find that your radiator fan is not working. A great way to usually test if your fan works is to turn your car’s air conditioner “on.” Most vehicles’ fans turn on when you put the AC, so it’s the first thing to check to see if the fan works or not.
3. The radiator fan switch is not working. This is the little thingie that comes on when your engine coolant gets up to a certain temperature so that it can prevent overheating. You may or may not be able to test this out yourself and if you are not mechanically inclined, I don’t recommend you tackle it yourself. However, if you’re good with tools, the way you can tell if the bad radiator fan switch is the cause is to find the wiring harness, disconnect it, and then connect a jumper wire to the harness contacts. After doing so, if you see the fan turn on, then you know you need to replace the switch.
4. Your engine thermostat is not opening up. Your engine’s thermostat is set so that when the engine reaches a certain level of heat, it gives a signal so that coolant can flow through your radiator and keep the engine temperature at the level it’s supposed to maintain. If it doesn’t open at the right time or not at all, this may easily be the cause of an overheated engine. Aside from taking your car to a mechanic, the easiest way to tell if the thermostat is the problem is when you are traveling at highway speeds and it’s still overheating.
5. Your fan belt may be broken. If your radiator fan is not working, your fan belt may be broken and it simply won’t work! This can spell trouble for you and the good news is that it’s easy to spot when it’s broken and it’s usually inexpensive to repair at a mechanic you can trust!
6. A clogged radiator. Once your car gets over 50,000 to 60,000 miles, your radiator may start to clog up a bit and a great way to ward off this potential problem is to have your radiator flushed out every single year from now on.
A good rule of thumb to be on the safe side is; if you notice your engine is running hot, take your car immediately to your mechanic if it is safe to do so. Another thing you can do is to find a friend, neighbor, or family member to help you out before having to take your car in for an expensive repair.
Studies show that only one out of every eight people who have pre-diabetes are aware they have it. It’s easy to see how so many people are oblivious to the fact that they may have slightly high sugar levels. As a result, they fail to make adjustments in their diets and exercise regimen in order to prevent them from coming down with type 2 diabetes.
Most experts agree that even losing a modest amount of weight and increasing exercise can help you lessen the chances that you’ll acquire type 2 diabetes even if your blood sugar is a little bit out of control at the present time. So, the key to preventing it is to know what your sugar levels are in the first place so you can make adjustments if needed and stay committed to diabetes prevention.
Throughout the world, approximately one out of every nine adults has diabetes. This disease is destined to be one of the leading causes of death by the year 2030. Most people with this disease have what’s called adult onset or type 2 diabetes. It occurs when your body can’t produce enough insulin to be able to convert your blood sugar into the energy your body needs.
Last year, I started feeling a burning sensation on the bottom of my feet occasionally and I passed it off as just being flat-out tired from standing for extended periods of time while at work. Little did I know what was about to happen and why it was happening.
You see, I was a carbohydrate fanatic all my life. It started when I was in my early twenties. I needed bursts of energy for my grueling workout routines and from everything I researched at the time, complex carbs were the answer to my sustained energy needs. I was in excellent shape until I hit my mid-thirties.
Never in a million years would I have thought this mode of thinking would come back to bite me hard on the buttocks many years later. I soon found my feet burning non-stop after a a heavy carbohydrate meal, so I knew something was wrong. I rushed to my local Walgreens for a blood sugar level test kit and began measuring my blood sugar throughout the day. What I found was shocking!
In the morning, after fasting, my blood sugar was a fairly normal 85 to 90. However, two hours after a heavy carbohydrate breakfast containing approximately 80 grams of the complex (the good kind), my blood sugar level was spiking between 140 to 180, consistently. I knew there was a problem but I tried to handle it on my own, through diet and exercise.
There was only one big problem; I was not able to stick to a strict lower-carb diet and my old habits of having a few rum and cokes and churrasco or T-Bone steak on the weekends with friends and family continued. I feel like such an idiot as I write this!
Why? Because I was killing myself right in front of my very own eyes! Over the years, I had ballooned from 190 pounds of solid muscle to 260 pounds of muscle covered by a huge mass of fat all over my body. Ouch!
How Do You Test for Diabetes Type 2?
After researching Google, I really thought I might be headed towards type 2 diabetes. I was deteriorating rapidly and a few weeks later, I woke up with numbness in my feet. At this point I was really frightened and I immediately scheduled an appointment with my doctor. I noticed my blood circulation had become very poor and knew something had to change, and fast!
He ran blood tests and discovered my hemoglobin A1C test showed numbers indicating I was on my way to having pre-diabetes. This A1C test measures the average of blood sugar present in your body for the previous three months. My reading was at 5.7 which indicated I had pre-diabetes. Anything more than 6.7 would have meant that I had diabetes. Yikes! I was somewhat relieved I didn’t have diabetes but I definitely wasn’t “out of the woods” just yet.
My doctor informed me that sometimes, people with borderline A1C readings suffer what’s called “peripheral neuropathy,” a type of nerve damage oftentimes caused by elevated blood sugar which in turn, causes numbness in the feet and hands. In other words, your nerves start starving for oxygen because there is an abnormal amount of sugar interfering with oxygen carried to the nerves. This eventually causes temporary or permanent damage. Most actual diabetics suffer from peripheral neuropathy at some point in their lives.
In my case, the damage seemed temporary, or at least I hoped that’s what it was! I eventually went on to have type 2 diabetes with an A1C level of 6.7!
Here I am today, exactly one year later and although the numbness and burning has drastically improved, I still feel a slight numbness in my feet every single morning that goes away once I start walking around the house. My blood circulation has also improved quite a bit. A year ago, I would sit on the couch and my feet would get extremely cold because my circulation was poor. Now, they are constantly very warm to the touch.
What’s the moral of the story here? I got busy and changed my lifestyle in order to avoid prediabetes and to get rid of my peripheral neuropathy.
I used a product called Diabetes Destroyer with the hope that it would change my life completely. It worked!
If you are headed down the ugly path of either or both, the following tips may help you get on the right path to recovery or avoidance of them altogether!
In summary, these were my symptoms:
- Burning sensation on the soles of my feet that kept getting worse, especially after a sugary or high-carb meal
- Sharp pains in my feet
- Slight loss of hair on my feet, hands, and arms due to lack of circulation
- Numbness in hands, arms, and feet
- Pins and needles feelings in both arms after sugary or high-carb meals
- Blood sugar readings that were spiking, sometimes as high as 195 after a very high-carb meal such as spaghetti and meatballs
Physicians gave me this diagnosis:
- My AC1 hemoglobin level was dangerously creeping into “pre-diabetes land”
- I had peripheral neuropathy as a result of my continual spiking sugar levels
- Nerve conduction tests proved that I have minor nerve damage that would or would not completely heal
- A lower carbohydrate diet
- To stop drinking that good ‘ol sugary rum
- To avoid sweets
- To exercise regularly (at least 4 times a week for 20 minutes, minimum)
- To lower my cholesterol naturally through changes in diet (they suspected my circulation was suffering due in large part to my high triglyceride levels) and exercise
- To lose a lot of weight!
- To be patient while my body tried to heal itself (to get rid of numbness, burning of feet and pins and needles)
- To minimize stress in my life
- To come back in a few months to re-examine me
Here’s what I did:
- I switched from rum to Michelob Ultra beer and drastically cut down my drinking to only once every two weeks or so (only one six-pack!)
- I virtually eliminated red meat from my diet
- I cut my carb intake in half!
- I exercised regularly (3 to 4 times a week for 20 to 40 minutes)
- I lost a lot of weight (30 pounds to be exact in 4 months)!
- I cut back on my work hours and felt less stressed
- I stopped drinking my two cups of coffee every day (I’m caffeine sensitive and it was obviously hurting my circulation)
Here are my results so far, after a year:
- The numbness on the soles of my feet is almost gone!
- I only feel discomfort on the bottom of my feet after a rare high-carb meal (no more burning)
- No more pins and needles on my arms
- I lowered my triglycerides by 200 points, down to 196! Yippee!
- I have noticed my circulation is excellent ( I can see thick veins in my hands and feet for the first time in many years)
- My sugar levels are not spiking anymore, even when I have an occasional high-carb meal (approx. 120 grams of carbs) such as my wife’s specialty pasta dish with shrimp!
- My AC1 level dropped to 5.1
- My hair is growing normally on my hands and feet
As far as I’m concerned, the keys to avoiding pre-diabetes and making sure you never get peripheral neuropathy are:
- Monitoring your blood sugar levels and immediately making lifestyle adjustments whenever necessary to keep them under control
- Not eating more than 40 to 60 grams of complex carbs per meal (no more than 200 grams per day)
- Eating sweets only on rare occasions
- Lowering your triglycerides to a normal range (under 199)
- Reducing stress levels
- Avoiding caffeine if you are sensitive to this chemical like I am (it constricts your veins, reducing blood flow and sometimes causes peripheral neuropathy)
- Exercising regularly
So, can prediabetes cause peripheral neuropathy? Without a doubt, yes!
Taking it one step further, even glucose intolerance can get those tootsies and hands feeling numb! Impaired glucose intolerance basically means your body does not process sugars in a normal fashion, causing abnormal spikes in your blood sugar. This can cause your nerves to start starving for much-needed oxygen.
How to Reduce Your Blood Glucose Level
The keys to managing or preventing prediabetes and type 2 diabetes is to reduce your blood glucose level by making smart diet choices that don’t include the obvious; simple sugars! Also, keep in mind that low glycemic carbohydrates such as non-starchy veggies, stone-ground wheat and beans can be very beneficial while high glycemic carbs such as potatoes and rice can wreak havoc on your body and retard your progress.
Exercising at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week can also help your body process sugars much more efficiently while lowering the frequency of blood sugar spikes.
If you think you have or are in danger of heading toward prediabetes, consult your physician immediately and get it under control. The sooner you get the help, the easier it will be to delay prediabetes, diabetes and any peripheral neuropathy associated with elevated glucose levels.
If you have burning feet, don’t hesitate to get it checked out; you are probably in the same position I was in just a short year ago. It can be fixed!
With over 10,000 retail stores and more than 2 million dedicated employees, filling out a Walmart online application gives you a chance to join one of the powerhouses of retail in the world. Over 50 years ago when this company was founded in Arkansas and who would have known how humongous and well respected this company would become. Known very well as a superstore, this retail chain has made its mark in the United States and abroad in a huge way. With a Walmart online job application, you definitely have a chance to join with the greatest companies in the world and you may be able to set yourself up for a bright future.
The most common and best way to get hired at Walmart is to fill out an online application. You can also fill out a printable Walmart job application and you can use this link to access it here.
If you have your eye on a position within this company, you may want to consider one in their logistics division, inside the store, or Sam’s club. If you’re looking for a corporate position you’re going to find them in New York, Utah, Las Vegas, Miami, Dallas, Philadelphia, Bentonville, Canada, and a few other cities.
Walmart excels at offering work schedules that are very flexible. This is due to many of their stores being open 24 hours a day. Chances are, if you work at this company, you may be able to get the type of shift that fits your lifestyle. You will also have an excellent opportunity to advance within the company. Walmart loves to promote workers from within and bases their decisions oftentimes on performance. This is a company that gets thousands upon thousands of applications filled on a weekly basis. So, it’s a good idea to conduct your own research about the company and to go ahead and fill out a Walmart employment application online or in person.
Sam Walton, the founder of Walmart had a distinctive philosophy. He would tell people to save money and live better. This is the cornerstone of the company which allows people who are living with modest means to be able to afford items without having to spend so much money. Walmart offers just about anything you can think of for the home and for personal use. It also offers pet care items, toys, electronics and automotive items. The stores also have full-service pharmacies and many which are called super centers have groceries and delis. With such a wide array of merchandise it’s no wonder there are always so many available positions to be filled at this company.
Sam’s Club is a part of the Walmart family. This store is like Costco in that it offers a club membership which allows you to buy items in bulk, thus saving you tons of money in the process.
Walmart has a team player philosophy. Teamwork is extremely important if you want to find a job in a store at Walmart. It’s not unusual to see a crew meeting of all the in-store employees before the beginning of a shift so that management can bring them up to speed on what’s happening in the store as well as to motivate them so they can have plenty of enthusiasm to better deal with the customers and provide excellent service.
A great way to get hired at Walmart is to visit one of their stores in your area and introduce yourself to management. From there, you can put your best foot forward and try to make a good impression. Let the supervisor you speak to know how interested you are in a position with their company. Then ask him or her for a business card and say that you are going to fill out an application online. Many Walmart stores have a kiosk where you can fill out an online application. If not, then you can do it in the comfort of your own home. Once you have filled out your application, you can check back with your contact at that store in about two weeks. This will ensure that your name and your application go to the top of the pile. As with any employment application, it’s easy to get lost in the shuffle. By making yourself known from the beginning, you have a much better chance to get hired.
It’s not that easy to make a healthy dinner time after time again, but if you know how to prepare healthy meals using a quick guide you’ll stand a better chance of whipping up something delicious and nutritious without even thinking too much about it for you and your loved one.
The most important part of coming up with a plan for healthy dinner recipes for 2 every night is to know which foods to pick as well as how much of those foods to serve for dinner. The best recipes for dinner are usually the most simple ones you can prepare quickly and deliciously.
Here’s how to do it:
- Select only foods that are healthy. I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but it’s a proven fact that the majority of people on this planet have no idea how to pick the healthiest foods on a consistent basis. You can start by choosing only foods that are nutrient-dense. For example, if you’re picking out a protein food, try your best to not have red meat more than once a week because of the saturated fat content, even in so-called lean meats. Instead, choose fish, chicken, and beans or lentils as your protein source. Whatever you pick out as a protein source, try to pick out the ones that don’t have saturated fats because as you know, this can lead to having problems with your cholesterol and add on extra pounds fairly quickly. When you’re picking up vegetables for dinner try to stay away from the ones that are high glycemic. Starchy vegetables are notorious for packing on the pounds. When it comes to starchy, we’re talking about baked white potatoes, white rice, and enriched white breads, for example. If you’re going to have bread with your dinner, try to pick out a healthy bread such as whole-wheat or any other bread with whole grains. For those of you who want to add calcium to your diet, pick out a low-fat milk or fat-free milk. Stay away from the 2% and above when it comes to milk and cheeses.
- Use the proper balance when you’re serving your dishes. If you place vegetables and fruits on one half of your dish, a protein source on one fourth of that dish, and some type of whole grains on the other fourth of that dish, you will have a very healthy meal as long as the amount of food you eat is not overbearing.
- Properly control the amount of food you eat. You may have picked out the perfect balance for your meal by having your plate full on one side with vegetables and fruits and the other side with protein and whole grains. However, this will not do you any good if you go back for seconds every single night!
- Do your best to eliminate unhealthy foods. Even though it’s okay to splurge every once in a while and have that chocolatey delight that you’re always craving or that pepperoni pizza with extra cheese, it’s wise to severely limit any type of food that is not good for you. If you’re eating a food that contains far too much sodium or saturated fat, excess sugar, or too much cholesterol, you are going to place yourself in a position where your body will most likely start complaining on you after a while; and everybody knows there’s nothing worse than a body that is continually complaining to its owner!
Here’s an example of healthy dinner recipes for 2:
Baked or Rotisserie Chicken with Green Beans and Brown Rice
This dish is extremely simple to make. Buy two whole breasts and two chicken quarters. Season the chicken with Badia (Sazon Completa) complete seasoning, a little bit of salt and pepper, and fresh minced garlic 9or use garlic press). Bake in the oven for 45 minutes on 375 or use your rotisserie at the appropriate settings.
For the brown rice, you will need 1 cup of rice, 1 1/2 cups of water, 3 medium cloves of fresh minced garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and salt.
In a two-quart saucepan, saute the garlic in the olive oil on medium until the garlic is a little off-white (do not overcook). Immediately place the 1 1/2 cups of water in the pan, and place 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Place the burner coil on “hi” setting.
When the water comes to a boil, put the cup of rice in, stir it a little bit, then lower the setting to just a little bit less than medium. Cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes, making sure the rice does not burn on the bottom.
Add some steamed or pan-fried green beans in a little bit of olive oil and top them with a tiny bit of salt and pepper.
Add your favorite fruit and you are good to go!
If you don’t feel like cooking chicken that night, go to your favorite supermarket and grab one of their rotisserie chickens and make the rice and green beans at home.
Just one taste of a good chicken noodle soup and you’ll probably figure out how important celery is as a part of the recipe. Many people wonder, “Is celery good for you?” because it’s a vegetable and after all, if it’s a vegetable it has to be good for your health, right?
Celery Nutritional Benefits
First let’s talk about how celery was first introduced to humankind. At around 850 BC it was discovered in the Mediterranean basin and used as an herb and a couple hundred years after that, people began eating it as a food source. Back then, celery was used to fight against the flu, common colds, and many stomach problems. These days something you probably don’t know is that celery actually fights off Alzheimer’s disease and has been shown to ward off cancer in laboratory animals. Talk about packing a powerful punch!
Start Your Diet Today and save now with doctor-designed, chef-prepared and weight loss program at BistroMD.com.
There are very few carbs in celery has the ability to lower your blood pressure because it has certain chemicals in it that actually unclog arteries over time, improving your blood circulation. As a matter of fact, if you eat just a little amount of celery every single day, you will probably notice improvement in your blood pressure within a couple of weeks.
Celery also contains rich sources of vitamins. A few of the notable vitamins in celery are vitamin C, beta-carotene, antioxidants, and vitamin K. Antioxidants, as you know, prevent cell damage in your body. Vitamin K is instrumental in helping to reduce clotting in your blood.
This amazing vegetable also yields celery oil as an herbal supplement. This herb helps keep your kidneys functioning properly, it helps to prevent arthritis, and it gives you a chance to have healthy blood pressure. In laboratory tests, celery also been shown to reduce the number of times laboratory animals acquire tumors. The amount of celery nutritional benefits are off the charts!
If you cook your meals at home, chances are you’ve heard of celery seed. This is an herb that has a strong aroma and it’s used to flavor many types of dishes including sauces, breads, soups, and meat dishes. I have an aunt who actually uses celery seeds in her fried chicken recipe and I have to say, it is freaking phenomenal!
As you can see, celery is actually very good for you and it’s one vegetable, herb, or spice that deserves consideration the next time you’re cooking a meal, preparing a dish, or using herbs as remedies.