If you are looking for natural ways to increase your metabolism, you should know that once women get near or reach the age of 30, you hear so many complain about how they can’t lose any weight at all because their metabolism has slowed down so much. Women actually have a valid point when they say this because research shows there are a number of factors in certain women that can make their metabolism much slower than men. To make things even more frustrating, many women have lower metabolisms than the next woman. The factors contributing to this include but are not limited to; age, genetics, and hormonal issues.
What’s more, if a woman’s parents are both obese, then they have an 80 to 90% likelihood that they will follow in the same footsteps. If only one parent is obese, their chances of being overweight are approximately 40 to 50%.
Even if you’re a woman with the slowest metabolism on earth, you can find natural ways to increase your metabolism so you can greatly improve your health.
Here are five ways to increase your metabolism naturally:
1. Start a low intensity exercise regimen. Of course, you should consult with your doctor to get a clearance before engaging in any type of exercise program. Many people find that walking fits their lifestyle perfectly fine and the benefits are tremendous. Others enjoy any type of outdoorsy activity, especially biking.
Whichever one you choose, all you have to do is focus on working up to getting 30 minutes of exercise Monday through Friday, and you will reap the benefits in a big way. There was a recent study that showed people exercising one hour a day did not lose as much weight as the 30 minute-a-day group because the latter group had plenty of energy left over to engage in other activities throughout the day and they would eat less.
2. Drink green tea. One of the best natural ways to increase your metabolism is by regularly consuming green tea because they contain catechins and caffeine. It’s safe to say we all know what caffeine does for you to speed up your metabolism but catechins maybe something totally foreign to you. Catechin is a natural antioxidant and its chemical composition can actually help you lose weight.
3. Drink plenty of noncaloric fluids. Many women trying to lose weight have made a wise choice in buying 1 gallon jugs of water and taking that to work with them. This is an easy way to stay hydrated and increase your metabolism naturally and if you prefer, you can also opt for some favorite noncaloric drinks such as Crystal Light or even the low-calorie Gatorade or no-calorie Powerade. Water helps carry more oxygen to your muscles which helps the body expend energy much more efficiently.
4. Eat more meals but in smaller portions. Your body’s metabolism will kick up a notch of you feed it every 3 hours or so during the day with small, healthy meals and snacks. Think of the food as fuel and your body as the engine that burns that fuel!
5. Don’ forget to eat breakfast. Try your best to eat something healthy; remember, your body has just woken up from a night of restful sleep and you need to give it some fuel to set your metabolism in motion. When you starve your body it goes into a protective mode where it slows down your metabolism. Eat whole grain foods and keep it very light if you’d like to but make sure you don’t skip breakfast.
There are countless other natural ways to increase your metabolism and if you are serious about losing weight and staying healthy, you should never stop searching for better ways to improve your metabolism. Simply take the information provided, try it, see if it works for you, and continue the learning process. Believe me, with dedication and patience, you will get to where you need to be!