Reid Hoffman, the LinkedIn founder who has enjoyed immense success with his social media platform to the tune of billions of dollars. If there’s anyone who can give great advice on the keys to success, he’s right up there with the best of them!
According to Hoffman, the cornerstone of how to succeed in any business is to take risks and take advantage of all the networking available to you. He’ll be the first to tell you to stay consistent and plan for a bumpy, long ride in reaching your ultimate goals.
Here are some of Hoffman’s best tips for success:
1. Have an entrepreneurial spirit. Don’t be afraid to venture out on your own and take chances and more than anything, remember to take ownership of your own self-made career. If one fails, try another!
2. Be intelligent when it comes to risk taking. Take smaller risks on a daily and consistent basis to make your company grow. I equate this to working out your muscles; if you continually work them out in the gym in a smart way, they will continue to grow bigger and you will eventually have the physique you want.
3. You need to develop a competitive advantage. One of the keys to success is to differentiate your company from anything else out there by having an original idea and mapping out a plan for success.
4. Adapt and conquer. In every business venture, one needs to expect the unexpected and learn how to quickly adapt and overcome obstacles. Feel free to experiment and have an alternate plan ready at a moment’s notice.
5. Don’t underestimate the importance of seizing great opportunities. One lucky break can catapult your business’s success into the stratosphere. This ties into taking risks; trust your gut and take advantage of a possibly great opportunity when it comes along.
6. Optimize your networking capabilities. Make a concerted effort to expand your connections and always remember it’s other people who will help make your business successful. You need to constantly reach out to others so they know who you are and what your company is about.