Hair loss in young men and women is at an all-time high. I don’t have to tell you how losing your hair can negatively affect your self-esteem but when it happens before the age of 21, this condition can be devastating!
To give you a “heads up” here are some causes of hair loss for young men and women:
1. Heredity is and has always been the absolute most common reason why young people lose their hair. It may be yon our father or mother side or it may be your grandparent’s legacy. By now, you’ve probably heard that this is handed down through generations and there really is no escaping it if it runs in the family.
2. If you have a thyroid disorder this may also affect you and make you lose hair. Even if you know you have a thyroid problem, it’s always best to consult with a dermatologist to see if there are any other underlying causes for your hair loss.
3. Certain medications give off side effects and cause her loss, also. The degree of hair loss depends on the type and amount of certain medications.
4. Excessive stress has been known to cause hair loss but the good news is; by getting your stress under control, you can reverse the process. A good time to call your doctor under these circumstances would be if you noticed patches of hair are falling from your scalp for no apparent reason or if you notice hair falling off your scalp when you shampoo it.
5. A condition known as alopecia causes hair loss. With this, the white blood cells attack the hair follicles and the hair growth stops and makes the hair fall out.
6. Crash and fad diets can also cause hair loss when people don’t get the nutrients they need. It’s important to consult with your physician regarding a vitamin supplement during these phases when you are dieting to an extreme. Young women are especially vulnerable to this.
7. Regular drug consumption can also make your hair fall off your head, not to mention the fact that it completely drains your motivation and prevents you from enjoying a fulfilling life!