Looking to start a healthcare career or make a change in your current healthcare job? If so, you might want to consider CVS Health careers as the ideal place to find your fit. As one of the largest healthcare companies in the United States, CVS Health provides several employment opportunities in retail, pharmacy, and corporate settings.
This guide will take you through the various career paths available at CVS Health, offering in-depth job descriptions and salaries, and providing a step-by-step guide to the application process. We will also look at the training programs that you can enroll in to hone your skills and advance your career.
CVS Health Career Paths
Retail Career Path
If you have excellent customer service skills and love working with people, a career in retail at CVS Health might be ideal for you. Here are some of the most common job titles and responsibilities in this area, along with median salaries and benefits:
- Cashier: As a cashier, your primary duty will be to process transactions at the checkout while delivering exceptional customer service. Median salary: $10-$12 per hour.
- Store Manager: As a store manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a CVS retail store. Median salary: $60,000-$80,000 per year.
- Beauty Consultant: As a beauty consultant, you will be responsible for providing customers with advice on beauty and recommending products. Median salary: $10-$13 per hour.
- Shift Supervisor: As a shift supervisor, you will supervise a team of retail employees and ensure the smooth running of the store. Median salary: $14-$16 per hour.
- CVS Application Online
- How Much Does CVS Pay?
- CVS Work At Home Jobs Available
- CVS Job Descriptions
- How to Get a Job at CVS
- CVS Manager Job Description
- ¿Cuánto pagan en CVS?
Pharmacy Career Path
If you’re passionate about healthcare and enjoy working with patients, consider a career in pharmacy at CVS Health. Here are some of the most common job titles and responsibilities in this area, along with median salaries and benefits:
- Pharmacy Technician: As a pharmacy technician, you’ll be responsible for supporting pharmacists in filling prescriptions, managing inventory, and delivering exceptional customer service. Median salary: $12-$15 per hour.
- Pharmacist: As a pharmacist, you’ll be responsible for dispensing medication and providing patient care. Median salary: $125,000-$140,000 per year.
- Pharmacy Manager: As a pharmacy manager, you’ll be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a CVS pharmacy. Median salary: $120,000-$130,000 per year.
- Specialty Pharmacy Technician: As a specialty pharmacy technician, you’ll be responsible for providing specialized support to patients who require unique medications. Median salary: $18-$20 per hour.
Corporate Career Path
If you’re interested in a more business-oriented career path, a corporate career at CVS Health might be the perfect fit for you. Here are some of the most common job titles and responsibilities in this area, along with median salaries and benefits:
Data Analyst: As a data analyst, you’ll be responsible for analyzing and interpreting data to help inform business decisions. Median salary: $70,000-$80,000 per year.
Marketing Manager: As a marketing manager, you’ll be responsible for developing and executing marketing campaigns to promote CVS Health products and services. Median salary: $95,000-$110,000 per year.
Human Resources Manager: As a human resources manager, you’ll be responsible for managing all aspects of HR, including recruiting, hiring, and employee development. Median salary: $85,000-$95,000 per year.
IT Project Manager: As an IT project manager, you’ll be responsible for managing IT projects and ensuring that they’re completed within budget and on time. Median salary: $100,000-$120,000 per year.
By offering diverse job roles and responsibilities, CVS Health’s corporate career path is an excellent opportunity to start or advance your career in a business-oriented environment.
CVS Health Careers Application – 5 Step Process
If you are interested in starting a career at CVS Health, the first step is to visit the company’s careers website. There, you can search for job openings by keyword, location, or job category. Once you find a job that interests you, follow these steps to complete your application:
- Create a profile: Provide your basic information, such as your name, email address, and phone number, to create a profile on the CVS Health careers website.
- Upload your resume: Make sure to upload an updated and tailored resume to your profile.
- Complete the application: Answer a series of questions about your experience, qualifications, and skills.
- Submit your application: Review your application for errors or typos, and then submit it.
- Follow up: It is a good idea to follow up with the hiring manager to express your continued interest in the job.
CVS Health offers a range of training and development programs to help employees build their skills and advance their careers, including retail training programs to help employees develop their customer service and sales skills, pharmacy training programs, and leadership development programs.
The company also offers tuition reimbursement to cover the cost of education expenses up to a certain amount per year, internal job postings, and career coaching to encourage career advancement and growth within the company.
With a range of career opportunities in retail, pharmacy, and corporate roles, CVS Health offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and a commitment to employee development. If you are seeking a career in a fast-paced and dynamic industry, CVS Health is an excellent place to build a career.
CVS Health Careers Work Environment
The work environment in CVS Health careers varies depending on the role and location. Working in a retail store is different from working in a corporate office or clinical setting.
However, the company prioritizes creating a safe, inclusive, and supportive work environment for all its employees. It encourages collaboration, open communication, and diversity. CVS Health also invests in training and development programs to help its employees succeed in their roles.
Benefits of Working in CVS Health Careers
CVS Health offers a wide range of benefits to its employees, including:
- Health and wellness benefits: CVS Health provides comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as wellness programs and resources.
- Retirement benefits: The company offers retirement plans such as 401(k) plans and employee stock purchase plans.
- Paid time off: Employees receive paid time off, including vacation days, sick leave, and holidays.
- Flexible work arrangements: CVS Health offers flexible work arrangements such as telecommuting and part-time work.
- Employee discounts: The company provides discounts on CVS Health products and services to its employees.
Opportunities for Growth
CVS Health offers its employees opportunities for growth and career advancement. The company has various training and development programs that help its employees acquire new skills, improve performance, and advance in their careers.
Employees can also pursue education and training programs through the company’s tuition reimbursement program. CVS Health also provides opportunities for its employees to transfer to different roles or locations within the company.
Q1. What types of career opportunities are available in CVS Health?
A1. CVS Health offers various career opportunities in fields such as pharmacy, healthcare, corporate, retail, and customer service.
Q2. Does CVS Health offer employee benefits?
A2. Yes, CVS Health offers a wide range of benefits to its employees, including health and wellness benefits, retirement benefits, paid time off, flexible work arrangements, and employee discounts.
Q3. Does CVS Health prioritize creating a safe and inclusive work environment?
A3. Yes, CVS Health prioritizes creating a safe, inclusive, and supportive work environment for all its employees.
Q4. Are there opportunities for growth in CVS Health careers?
A4. Yes, CVS Health offers its employees opportunities for growth and career advancement through training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, and opportunities to transfer to different roles or locations within the company.
Q5. How many employees does CVS Health have?
A5. CVS Health has over 300,000 employees across its various branches, making it one of the largest employers in the US.