Most Popular Hourly Jobs
|McDonald’s||Chick Fil A||Taco Bell||Wendy’s||KFC|
|Ross||Pizza Hut||Old Navy||Applebee’s||Dunkin‘|
The best-paying retail jobs are usually right there in your hometown, and companies are ready to hire you. It’s important to have up-to-date information and the right advice to have the best chance of getting hired. Right now is the time to find your job and APPLY!
DailyWorkhorse.com is complete, current, and accurate. IT WILL GUIDE YOU through the process and make finding a job much easier.
Skilled Trades In Demand
Skilled trades are an essential part of our economy and society, and they offer numerous career opportunities for people who are interested in hands-on work. If you’re looking to pursue a career in the skilled trades, there are many different paths you can take, but some of the best options include healthcare and medical, construction and building maintenance, transportation and auto mechanics, manufacturing, service jobs, tech, design, and arts.
Important things to consider when applying for a job are:
- What is the hourly pay or salary?
- Does the company offer the opportunity to grow professionally?
- Are there fair working conditions in the workplace?
- What types of raises can you get?
- Can you picture yourself being happy working at that particular retail store?
- Is there fair and consistent treatment of employees?
- What about the benefits? Are they any good?
- Does the company know how to schedule employees effectively?
How to Get a Retail Job With No Experience
It’s easy to learn how to apply for retail jobs. Additionally, you can easily apply to fast food, restaurant, or banking jobs because almost every single company allows you to visit their website, research the company, register on their website, and begin the application process.
Many companies are always looking for entry-level workers who are motivated and ready to be trained. In most cases, they want employees who are specifically looking for a career with their company, not just another worker who wants to collect a paycheck.
So, in the retail as well as other businesses, there are many:
- Jobs that will train you with no experience
- Jobs that require no experience but pay well
- Many positions are available that can help you advance to a higher position
Recently, a few major retail stores such as Costco, Target, Best Buy, CVS, and Walgreens have raised their minimum pay for inexperienced workers substantially, compared to many other retail chains.
10 Steps to Get Hired for Best Paying Retail Jobs With No Experience
- Visit the “Job Applications” or “Hourly Pay” pages and take a look around.
- Pick at least 3 companies you might want to work for and list the names of those stores on a piece of paper or notepad on your computer.
- Start researching one retail company at a time and write notes under each store heading.
- Include the history of the retail chain, the salary structure (starting and average hourly pay for each position), and employee feedback from each company that you’re going to research here.
- Register with each company online and follow simple instructions to apply for a job.
- Make sure you have your work history information, personal references, and social security number before you start the application process.
- When you get to the part of the application where you are asked about your work hours and days preferences, indicate you are available to work ALL shifts and days.
- Find the instructions on how to follow up on your application with each company and make sure you complete that part of the process within 2 weeks. If you are not making progress with the usual follow-up over the phone or via email, dress nicely and visit each store in person. Once you are there, ask to speak with someone in a management position and inquire about your completed application.
- Leave the manager your business card with your name, phone number, and email.
- Repeat the process after 3 weeks with 3 more companies until you get hired.
Prepare for Job Interview Questions and Answers
While you are waiting to get the callback for an interview, it’s time to get yourself ready for the actual interview.
Let’s break down what you have to do:
- Review the common questions and the general guides on how to answer each one. Remember, an interviewer is usually very experienced and can tell when you are not answering a question sincerely. Therefore, adopt the mindset of answering each question truthfully.
- Practice asking and answering questions either by yourself or with a partner. Record yourself on your cell phone video if that’s possible. Try not to laugh too much at yourself when reviewing the video and do everything you can to see what you can improve. Then, practice some more!
- Find something neat and nice to wear to your job interview.