Most of the Jack in the Box job descriptions are straightforward and easy to understand. They all require common skills like customer service, food preparation, cashiering, etc.
It is important to read the job descriptions closely. They can help you understand what the company is looking for in a candidate and what their expectations are. This will help you decide if it is the right place for you.
Jack in the Box Job Requirements
Jack in the Box Job requirements are not too demanding. You only need to be 16 years old, and preferably have a high school diploma or GED, but it’s not necessary if you’re applying for an entry-level job.
You must have reliable transportation, so you can get to work on time for your scheduled shifts.
If you are looking to immediately or someday become a manager at one of the locations, a high school diploma or equivalent is usually required.
Jack in the Box Core Values
Jack in the Box is committed to its core values. The company strives to provide quality food, excellent service, and good value. It also wants to be a good neighbor and employer, which means being a responsible citizen of the communities it serves.
The company’s core values are:
Jack in the Box Team Member Job Description
The Jack in the Box team member is responsible for providing fast, friendly, and accurate service to our customers. The job of team members includes preparing food, taking orders, and serving food.
You will need to be able to work well under pressure, as there is often a long line of customers.
- Prepare food for customers in a timely manner
- Take customer orders and serve them with a smile
- Greet customers with a smile
- Be knowledgeable of all menu items
- Ensure that each customer has clean utensils and napkins
- Must have availability on weekends and holidays
- Clean up the restaurant at the end of each shift
Jack in the Box Cashier Job Description
A Jack in the Box cashier is responsible for accepting payment and returning the correct change to customers. These workers are also responsible for performing various tasks such as operating the drive-thru, restocking inventory, and cleaning the store.
Other duties include:
- Perform various tasks to maintain store cleanliness and organization, such as cleaning up spills, emptying trash cans, stocking merchandise, and restocking inventory
- Answer guest’s questions about prices, promotions, menu items and specials
- Handle the cash drawer accurately at the beginning and end of shift
- Maintain cleanliness of the restaurant’s public areas
- Perform various tasks as assigned by management
- Work with a team to maintain a safe work environment
Jack in the Box Cook Job Description
Jack in the Box cooks are responsible for preparing and cooking food items according to the menu specifications. They are also responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and sanitary work environment.
These employees will also be responsible for assisting with food preparation, cooking, and cleanup.
Here are other duties:
- Prepare and cook food to meet company standards
- Follow all safety regulations when handling food
- Follow all company policies when completing tasks
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain quick service standards
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Jack in the Box Team Leader Job Description
The Jack in the Box Team Leader is responsible for leading a team of at least one shift of employees. This includes supervising, coaching, and mentoring all team members to ensure they are meeting expectations and delivering quality customer service.
- Supervise and coach the team to ensure they are meeting expectations and delivering quality customer service
- Ensure inventory levels are maintained
- Schedule employees
- Train new employees
- Ensure that all company policies are being followed
- Maintain good relationships with employees, customers, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Stay up to date with new regulations or legislation affecting the store
- Ensure that store is clean and tidy at all times
Jack in the Box Assistant Manager Job Description
The assistant manager at Jack in the Box is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant and ensuring customer satisfaction. This manager will also be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and supervising staff, as well as ensuring that all health and safety standards are met.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Supervise employees to ensure they are following company policies and procedures
- Ensure cleanliness of restaurant at all times
- Facilitate all customer complaints or concerns and make sure they are addressed promptly
- Ensure that food is prepared according to company standards
- Ensure that all products are stocked at all times
- Attend all staff meetings
- Maintain a safe work environment for employees by enforcing safety standards
- Prepare weekly schedules with the help of team leaders to ensure employee coverage is adequate
- Review daily reports from employees to ensure that sales goals are being met, and customer needs are being fulfilled
Jack in the Box Manager Job Description
The Jack in the Box manager is responsible for overseeing the operation of the restaurant. This includes managing employees and ensuring adherence to company policies and standards.
The manager is also responsible for ensuring that customers are satisfied with their experience at the restaurant.
- Ensure that all employees are trained, knowledgeable, and up-to-date with all company policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean environment for both customers and employees
- Take care of administrative tasks such as ordering food and supplies, opening/closing restaurant, payroll, and banking transactions
- Ensure that all work areas are maintained in accordance with company standards
- Ensure that all food is prepared according to company standards
- Manage inventory levels of food, supplies, etc.
- Manage employee schedules
- Deal with customer complaints or problems in a timely manner
Jack in the Box District Manager Job Description
The Jack in the Box district manager is responsible for establishing, maintaining, and improving restaurants within their assigned district. This includes ensuring the restaurant’s profitability and quality standards are met.
It also includes working with the general manager of each restaurant to ensure profitability and quality standards are met. Additionally, these employees are expected to develop budgets and forecasts, monitor financial performance at each restaurant, and take corrective action when necessary.
Other responsibilities include:
- Monitor financial performance at restaurants within their district
- Develop budgets and forecasts
- Take corrective action when necessary
- Develop budgets for new locations
- Monitor inventory levels at new locations
- Coordinate with General Managers to ensure quality standards are met
- Monitor labor levels at new locations
- Ensure that all new locations are following company policies and procedures
Is Jack in the Box a good place to work?
Jack in the Box gets average reviews by its employees on Indeed.com. Nothing in the reviews stands out as being exceptional as a whole.
The compensation and benefits are the biggest issues people complain about.
The company culture and work-life balance get the highest marks. Management is generally regarded as efficient, as well.
Jack in the Box Orientation
The orientation at Jack in the Box is usually straightforward and very simple. You will get all the information you need on your first day, and you will mirror an experienced worker and learn on the job immediately after.
Jack in the Box Employee Discount
Discounts on meals for Jack in the Box employees are hit or miss, depending on the location where you will work. While some franchisee-owned stores will offer discounts or free meals, others do not.
Featured image courtesy of Famartin, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons.