This is a guide to Chick Fil A Job Descriptions, so you can have the best information on available positions before you apply. By looking through each entry, you’ll not only have an understanding of each job available, but you’ll also have a better idea of how this company operates.
First, let’s look at this company’s history. Chick Fil A is an American fast-food restaurant chain that specializes in chicken sandwiches. They are headquartered in the Atlanta metropolitan area, and there are over 2,000 locations worldwide.
S. Truett Cathy founded this company on July 1, 1946, as “The Dwarf Grill”.
General Requirements to Work at Chick Fil A
If you’re wondering what the general requirements are to work at Chick Fil A, they are pretty simple. A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred for potential team members, but it is not a requirement.
Prospective employees must usually pass a drug test and background checks before they can join the company. Team members typically go through an orientation and on-the-job training program to prepare them for their work.
Other requirements include the following:
- You must be at least 16 years of age to work
- You’ll have to be able to lift 30 lbs without any assistance
- Employees must be able to stand or sit for extended periods
- Workers are required to be able to speak English proficiently
- Workers have to meet high standards of customer service
- Chick-fil-A’s employees are required to dress in the company’s uniform
- You have to learn to commit to the “60-second Service Rule”
- Employees must punch in the time they begin cooking an order on the register
- Workers must be respectful to others at all times and no swearing is allowed
When taking orders from customers, be sure to smile and have a cheerful tone of voice. You should not talk back or correct any customers.
The management staff at Chick Fil A will resolve any issues with difficult customers for you. Also, if a customer asks about new items on the menu, and you are not familiar with them, you should refer them to a manager.
Chick-fil-A will hire some high school students looking for part-time summer jobs, but they still have strict requirements the student must meet.
Chick Fil A Team Member Job Description
A Chick-fil-A team member performs guest service and food preparation duties. In addition, team members must maintain a clean and safe restaurant environment.
There are plenty of responsibilities for this position. On any given day, you can be assigned to do the following:
Guest Service: You’ll greet customers, answer questions about the menu, and take customer orders. Team members take customer drink orders, serve condiments, and may help with carryout or drive-through service. In some restaurants, cashiers also take payments from customers.
Food Preparation: This will have you preparing the food that goes out to customers, including frying chicken and assembling sandwiches. In some restaurants, part of a team member’s duties is cleaning up after food preparation. Team members also keep the dining area clean by clearing tables and wiping down booths.
Clean Restrooms: Just about all Chick-fil-A team members maintain clean restrooms for customers. Employees should keep the restrooms stocked with soap, paper towels, and other necessary items.
The Restaurant Environment
Chick-fil-A team members ensure that their restaurant is safe and appealing to customers. Team members may cook food, sweep floors, help with drive-through service and greet customers.
Team members may also maintain the outside of the restaurant by sweeping parking lots and sidewalks, and removing trash.
This company provides a basic orientation to new team members and offers in-house training programs for customer service skills and food preparation techniques.
A Chick-fil-A team member can expect a variety of work schedules, including morning, evening, and weekend shifts. In most cases, team members work 40 hours per week.
Chick Fil A Team Leader Job Description
At Chick-fil-A, Team Leaders have very important responsibilities. They help the company management team in different aspects linked to managing shifts and making sure guests have a wonderful time.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Helping with the flow of shift and ensuring that all assigned tasks are completed promptly
- Assisting management in the preparation of reports and other documents
- Ensuring cleanliness, organization, and visual merchandising standards are met at all times
- Assisting management to ensure compliance with food safety procedures, cash control procedures, and cash handling procedures (must work to ensure control of food, equipment, and supplies)
- Previous restaurant management experience preferred
- An emphasis on customer service culture with proven success in training and leading others to provide it
- Ability to lead within Chick-fil-A’s unique servant leadership culture
- Able to lead and coach others by personal example and demonstrate an engaging personality
Chick Fil A Kitchen Manager Job Description
A Chick-Fil-A kitchen manager is in charge of all the restaurant’s restaurant staff, including food prep and service. In addition to making sure employees are trained on safety and sanitation while handling food, a kitchen manager at this restaurant chain supervises daily activities at the restaurant while maintaining quality control.
The typical Chick Fil A Kitchen Manager Job Description usually includes:
- Ensuring employees are trained on safety and sanitation procedures while handling food
- Supervising daily activities at the restaurant to maintain quality control, including expediting orders
- Enforcing all labor policies with employees including attendance, sick leave, breaks, vacations, overtime, uniforms
- Creating schedules for assigned workers in various departments such as kitchen, grill, and cashier
- Tracking sales performance to determine the profitability of the assigned department
- Evaluating the needs of customers and making recommendations for additional products or services
- Ensuring all restaurant equipment is working properly, including fryers, grills, cash registers, ovens, and microwaves
- Resolving customer complaints about food quality by discussing with the kitchen manager to ensure proper preparation
- Coordinating with the store manager on sales goals, operating procedures, and marketing strategies
- Ensuring all devices are charged, including walkie-talkies, cell phones, and pagers
Chick Fil A Kitchen Managers can expect a competitive hourly wage. Applicants must have at least an associate’s degree or related work experience.
Previous Kitchen Manager experience is a plus. Chick Fil A kitchen managers must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends. Applicants should also possess excellent communication skills, leadership abilities, and attention to detail.
Chick Fil A Assistant Manager Job Description
A Chick Fil A Assistant Manager plays a crucial role in the effectiveness of our team and the success of our restaurant. In collaboration with the general manager, you ensure the smooth running of the restaurant.
As a leader, you lead by example and take pride in your ability to create an extraordinary customer experience that will bring customers back again and again.
As an assistant manager, you will conduct orientation of new employees and manage the restaurant during your shift. You are responsible for coaching team members to ensure that they have the tools to be successful in their roles.
As a business leader, you will work with general managers each day to maintain consistent customer service levels and drive profitable sales through existing customers and increased frequency of visits.
In a nutshell, you will be doing the following:
- Planning and controlling costs to maximize profitability
- Maintaining quality service and cleanliness standards
- Hiring, developing, and coaching the team through training and motivation
You will help the company deliver:
- A great experience that exceeds customer expectations
- Consistent food quality with restaurant operations as per our systems and procedures
- A clean and friendly restaurant, delivering a welcoming environment to all customers
- Completing tasks in an efficient manner that focuses on priority areas
You will be successful if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Have 1-2 years of prior management experience which are the preferred qualifications
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
Chick Fil A Manager Job Description
A Chick-fil-A general manager has a lot of responsibilities. He/she performs customer care, labor management, and administrative duties.
The duties include maintaining inventory levels, preparing payroll, initiating marketing strategies, and driving store sales. The manager also trains and guides employees to reach establishment goals.
The labor-management duties for this position include hiring, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, disciplining employees, resolving conflicts between workers, and managing company property. The manager must ensure every restaurant location has the necessary materials to run smoothly.
This may include ordering business supplies, maintaining equipment, and keeping the restaurant clean.
A manager’s customer care responsibilities include responding to customers’ concerns, resolving complaints, and ensuring a pleasant dining experience. The manager must ensure all staff follows company standards regarding serving patrons and operating the point of sale system.
He or she also manages workers in a team environment, using leadership and communication skills to meet company requirements.
Successful Chick-fil-A managers need excellent customer service, food quality, and team-building skills. A bachelor’s degree in business management or a related field is preferred. Applicants without a degree may qualify for entry-level management positions through prior work experience.
Take a look at this interesting information on the Chick Fil A careers site. It includes frequently asked questions that might benefit you.
See how much Chick Fil A pays for each position here.
Is Chick Fil A a good place to work?
It’s a great place to work. The employees are always treated with much respect and appreciation. The chance to move up into a management position exists for motivated employees.
The general atmosphere is very family-oriented and pleasant. Customers at this restaurant tend to be very courteous and friendly. For more information on working at Chick Fil A, use this link and scroll to the bottom of the article where it says, “Final Thoughts”.