These Ulta job descriptions can help you clarify the types of jobs available in your area. Using the following information can help you map out a successful career with this amazing beauty company.
Another crucial bit of information would be finding out how much Ulta pays its employees. You can easily access that using this link.
Ulta Job Requirements
Generally, Ulta prefers its hourly candidates to at least have a high school diploma or a GED. If you don’t have this, you can usually still get hired by providing proof of at least 1 to 2 years of retail work experience.
Ulta is looking for candidates who are willing to become everything about the Ulta brand. The company wants you to live and breathe the brand, so you can convey the same message to customers!
Ulta Core Values
Ulta believes in its employees creating success for the company and likes to:
- Create wow experiences for customers
- Always improve products and services
- Believe employees and customers can win together
- Emphasize loving what you do for customers and taking responsibility
- Let company values drive their decisions
- Doing the right thing
- Celebrating diversity
Ulta Beauty Advisor Job Description
The Ulta beauty advisor is responsible for providing the best customer experience in the store by consistently delivering great service, ensuring that customers are aware of new products and services, and building a loyal customer base.
Here are some of the responsibilities:
- Welcoming customers in the store and assisting them throughout their visit
- Helping customers find the perfect product for their skin type, hair type, and lifestyle
- Engaging with customers to help them find products that match their needs or desired look
- Providing product knowledge to help customers make informed purchase decisions
- Supporting sales associates by providing insight on how to sell products more effectively
- Delivering excellent customer service
Ulta Specialty Artist Description
The Ulta specialty artist will embody the company’s experience by creating a welcoming, inspiring and personalized experiences that both surprise and delight. They will set a winning example of all things that are Ulta Beauty—living out the brand in how they serve the customer and providing the highest levels of professionalism.
This position carries the responsibility of performing the following:
- Design and apply special effects to make models look like they are wearing different materials or colors
- Makeup application techniques, including blending and shading techniques
- Makeup application process development, including product knowledge and techniques
- Manage the line of products used by the model during the photo shoot
- Act as a leader within the company
- Ability to work well with others and demonstrate professionalism
Qualified job candidates will have at least three or four years of retail experience, including cosmetics artistry. You also need a high school diploma (or equivalent) with 3 to 4 years of relevant work experience (or its equivalent).
Ulta Cashier Job Description
The Ulta cashier is responsible for receiving, processing, and ringing up customer transactions. Responsibilities also include greeting customers, providing product information, and ensuring customers leave with a positive experience.
- Maintaining an orderly work area and providing excellent customer service
- Ensuring inventory and supplies are properly stored and managed
- Communicating with store management in order to ensure smooth operations
- Attending regular meetings with team members to discuss any issues or concerns
- Ask the customer if they need assistance while checking out or receiving assistance from store associates
- Perform daily tasks such as sweeping floors, cleaning bathrooms, changing display racks, and restocking shelves
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required if the candidate has at least 2 years of retail work experience.
Ulta Warehouse Job Description
The Ulta warehouse is a super-efficient distribution center with many jobs available that deliver high-quality products to customers. The warehouse team handles customer orders, inventory, and fulfillment by leveraging their proprietary software and maintaining a high level of efficiency.
Team members are responsible for receiving, stocking, and processing warehouse inventory.
- Prepare for new product arrivals by conducting safety inspections and ensuring all required safety certificates are in place
- Ensure all products are properly organized for shipment
- Manage incoming freight to ensure appropriate shipment of each order
- Operate forklifts, pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment safely
- Assist in the preparation of shipments for shipment or returns
- Perform other related duties as assigned
To become a qualified candidate, you’ll need to be self-motivated, at least 18 years old, and have the ability to successfully complete training and certification in your field of interest.
- A high school diploma or GED is ideal, with 1 to 2 years of related experience (or equivalent education and experience) that includes math skills
- Knowledge of radio frequency scanners and basic computer skills is preferred for this role
Ulta Retail Sales Manager Job Description
The Ulta retail sales manager is responsible for managing the store operations, maintaining a high level of inventory, and delivering revenue goals. This includes forecasting cash flow, setting inventory levels, and working closely with the regional managers to ensure operational efficiency.
- Manage store inventory to maintain a high level of customer service and provide a seamless shopping experience
- Forecast cash flow to inform business decisions
- Provide product recommendations to customers in the store and online
- Maintain store operations including financials and inventory management
- Manage the sales team in accordance with company guidelines
- Develop systems that improve customer service and inventory management
- Manage vendor relationships in order to ensure high levels of service are maintained
Top retail candidates will have to have at least 2 years of experience in attracting, developing, and motivating employees but also have to possess a strong understanding of the industry. Job seekers need to demonstrate that they’re capable of handling change as well.
Ulta Assistant Store Manager Job Description
The Ulta assistant store manager is responsible for managing a specific store and its staff in order to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience and ensure store profitability.
This includes planning, staffing, and executing the day-to-day operations of the store, providing guidance to the store manager, and managing inventory.
- Manage a specific store and its staff in order to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience and ensure store profitability
- Provide guidance to the store manager on all operational matters related to the day-to-day operations of the store
- Manage inventory for a specific location
- Provide training and coaching for all staff members
- Ensure compliance with all corporate policies
For this position, those candidates with a bachelor’s degree will be preferred.
Ulta Retail Operations Manager Job Description
The Ulta retail operations manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our retail stores. This includes daily operations and store planning, scheduling and staffing, merchandising, merchandising planning, store maintenance, and housekeeping, training and coaching employees on retail standards, inventory control, purchasing, purchasing analysis, and vendor management.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Develop employee training plans to meet business objectives
- Schedule employees to maximize productivity while maintaining productivity standards
- Maintain store schedule in accordance with company guidelines
- Maintain current level of inventory levels to ensure customer satisfaction
Requirements are the same as those for the retail sales manager positions.
Ulta Salon Manager Job Description
The Ulta salon manager is responsible for hiring, training, and coaching stylists, scheduling appointments, maintaining a clean and professional salon and working closely with the management team to execute marketing strategies.
In this position, you will also:
- Recruit and interview potential stylists to fill open positions
- Train stylists on product knowledge, techniques, and skills
- Manage the scheduling of appointments using a salon software tool
- Maintain a clean and professional salon according to Ulta standards
- Work closely with the management team on marketing strategies
- Maintain monthly sales projections
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience as a salon manager or similar position
- Demonstrated success in hiring, training, coaching and motivating stylists
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ulta General Manager Job Description
The General Manager is responsible for managing the Ulta store and salon business. He or she will be responsible for oversight of store operations, including staffing, budgets, etc.
- Manage the Ulta store and salon business
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures
- Closely manage budgets
- Develop a strategic plan for the brand’s future
- Participate in company meetings and events
- Create marketing plans that will increase brand awareness, generate traffic to stores, and increase sales within stores
For this position, the company prefers candidates with a bachelor’s degree but it is not required.
Qualified candidates will ideally have 3 to 5 years of experience in driving top-line sales, attracting top talent in a dynamic and ever-changing business environment.
Ulta District Manager Job Description
The Ulta district manager is responsible for the success of Ulta stores in a particular geographical area. This includes developing and executing the store plan, marketing strategy, and ensuring the store meets all sales goals.
- Develop a plan for each store which includes location, hours, staffing levels, promotions, and desired sales levels
- Ensure that the store is profitable from day one; monitor financials weekly to ensure profitability
- Monitor store performance by conducting store audits and monthly meetings with managers
- Manage budgets for all aspects of the store including marketing, staffing, inventory, etc. to make sure they are in line with company standards
- Involve in marketing activities such as product launches, advertising campaigns, and PR campaigns
- Be an expert with respect to trends in the industry
- Plan and execute merchandising strategies to meet customer needs
- Manage employee training programs
A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but not required for this position. Requirements have much more to do with an abundance of job experience in managing multi-units in the retail business and having a successful track record.
Is Ulta a good place to work?
Past and present Ulta employees rate working at Ulta slightly above average. The store, according to indeed.com, gets high marks in work/life balance and culture. The compensation, benefits, job security, and management all scored average ratings.
Workers are generally pleased with working at this company and say it is definitely worthy of establishing a lifelong career for the right person.
After you are hired, you will be required to attend an orientation that explains everything you need to know about the company. This includes how you will be paid, benefits, and other company policies.
Some employees say that sometimes, management rushes you through orientation in order to get you out to the sales floor and begin learning on the job!
Is there an Ulta employee discount?
If you are an employee, for your store purchase, Ulta gives you 25% off the total cost. For a salon appointment, meanwhile, they give you a whopping 50% off the standard price!
Featured image courtesy of Mike Mozart from Funny YouTube, USA, CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons.